Dr. Reza Sedaghat received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Hannover, Germany. He joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Toronto Metropolitan University, Toronto, Canada in 2001 and was promoted to Professor in 2012. He is the founder, director, and principal investigator (PI) of Optimization Problems Research and Applications Laboratory (OPRAL). OPR-AL was funded in 2003 from Sun Microsystems, Motorola, Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI), Ontario Innovation Trust (OIT), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and Ryerson University. His industrial experience includes collaborations in Germany with Nokia Research Center, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Infineon Siemens as well as AMD and Blackberry in Canada. Dr. Sedaghat directs a research group working on radio resource management (RRM) security and radio access & networking (RAN) areas within OPR-AL. His current research interests include cryptanalysis on chip, cross layer design and optimization, attack immunity, combinatorial optimization problem, quadratic assignment problem, and graph algorithms. Dr. Sedaghat is currently serving as a reviewer for ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, editor and reviewer for Journal of Microelectronics Reliability, Microelectronics Journal, and Science Direct Elsevier.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. Kassel, Ph.D. Hannover, P.Eng.
- 2001- Present Professor, Ryerson University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2000-01 Assistant Professor, Beheshti University, Tehran
- 1998-99 Nokia Research Center, Bochum, Germany
- 1996-99 Bosch Research Center, Munich, Germany
- 1995-98 Research and Teaching, University of Hannover, Germany
- VLSI design
- digital circuits & systems
- testing & design for testability
- graph algorithms
- Reza Sedaghat, et al., "System and method for development of a system architecture", US Patent, United Sates Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), US20120303560, granted.
- Reza Sedaghat, et al., "System and Methodology for Development of System Architecture", US Patent, United Sates Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), US20120159119, US8397204, granted.
- Reza Sedaghat, et al., "System and method for development of a system architecture", Canadian Patent filed for Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), CA 2741253.
- Reza Sedaghat, et al., "System and Methodology for Development of System Architecture", Canadian Patent filed for Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), CA 2726091.
- Behnaz Abdoli, Reza Sedaghat, "Optimized Predictive Zonal Search (OPZS) for block-based motion estimation", Elsevier Jornal of Signal Processing: Image Communication, Volume 39, pp. 293–304, 2015.
- Anirban Sengupta, Reza Sedaghat, "Swarm Intelligence Driven Design Space Exploration of Optimal k-Cycle Transient Fault Secured Datapath during High Level Synthesis Based on User Power-Delay Budget", International Journal on Microelectronics Reliability, Elsevier, Volume 55, Issue 6, pp. 990–1004, 2015.