Farah Mohammadi received the B.Sc. and the M.Sc. degree in telecommunication engineering from Iran University of Science & Technology in 1988, and 1991, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in electronic engineering from the Institute d'Electronique et Microelectronique du Nord (IEMN) at University of Science and Technology of Lille (USTL), France in 1998.
Dr. Mohammadi was a faculty member and lecturer at Iran University of Science & Technology from 1992-1993. She was at Nortel Networks Laboratories, Ottawa, ON, from 2000 to 2002 as a senior System Architecture at the Fiberoptic Laboratory. Since 2003, she has been with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the Toronto Metropolitan University, where she is an associate Professor. Her research interests include development of electro-thermal test and simulation tools for IC's, design methodologies for RF/microwave components, and applied electromagnetics.
- Advanced electro-thermal analysis of integrated circuits
- Development of electro-thermal test tools for IC's
- Microwave circuits CAD
- Applied electromagnetics
- Modeling of interconnects and packaging effects in high-speed circuits
- Advanced modeling and design methodologies for RF/microwave components
- F. Farrokhi and F. A. Mohammadi, "Temperature and power measurement of modern dual core processor by infrared thermography", Proceeding of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS2010), pp. 1603 - 1606, Paris, France, May 30- June 02, 2010.
- S. Gaoua1, S. Asadi, M. C. E. Yagoub and F. Mohammadi "CAD Tools for Efficient RF/Microwave Transistor Modeling and Circuit Design", Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing Journal, Vol. 63, No 1, pp. 59-70, 2010.
- F.A. Mohammadi and M.C.E. Yagoub, "Electromagnetic Model for Microwave Components of Integrated Circuits", Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 1, pp. 81-94, 2008.
- F. A. Mohammadi and M. Marami, "Dynamic Compact Thermal Model of a Package", Proceeding of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS2008), pp. 2869-2872, Seattle, Washington, USA, May 18-21 2008.
- F.A. Mohammadi and S. Sharifian Attar, "Development of an Electro-thermal Simulation Tool for Integrated Circuits", Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CJECE), Vol. 33, Issue 3, 2008.