Professor • Associate Dean (Research) • Canada Research Chair
- PhD, University of Calgary, 1999
- MSc, University of Calgary, 1996
- BE, Anna University, Chennai, 1993
- Assistant Professor, Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 1999-2003
- Associate Professor, Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 2003-2008
- Professor, Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 2008-present
- Assistant Chair (Research and Graduate Studies), Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 2002-2003
- Graduate Program Director, Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 2002-2004
- Chair, Dept. ELCE, Ryerson University, 2004-2009
- Interim Associate Dean (Research and Development), FEAS, Ryerson University, 2009-2010
- Visiting Professor, Grenoble Institute of Technology (France); Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Australia); Indian Institute of Technology (India), 2010-2011
Adaptive Signal Representation and Analysis, Biomedical Signal/Image Analysis, Multimedia Information Security, Assistive Technologies, Affective Computing, Compressed Sensing.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Fellow, Canadian Academy of Engineering, 2014
- Exemplary Service Award, IEEE Toronto Section, 2014
- Achievement in Innovation, Innovate Calgary, 2013
- Sarwan Sahota Distinguished Scholar Award, 2011
- Canada Research Chair, 2007
- Nominee, Canada's Top 40 Under 40, 2007
- Young Engineer Achievement Award, Engineers Canada, 2007
- New Pioneers Award in Science and Technology, 2006
- Five Best Research Paper Awards (co-authored with students)
- IEEE Best Chapter Chair Award, 2006
- FEAS Research Excellence Award, 2005
- Y. F. Wu, and S. Krishnan, Statistical analysis of gait rhythm in patients with Parkinsons disease, IEEE Trans. Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 150-158, Apr. 2010.
- K. Umapathy, S. Masse, E. Sevaptsidis, J. Asta, S. Krishnan and K. Nanthakumar, Spatio-temporal frequency analysis of ventricular fibrillation in explanted human hearts, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol. 56, pp. 328-335, Feb. 2009.
- D. Hosseinzadeh, and S. Krishnan, Gaussian mixture modeling of keystroke patterns for biometric applications, IEEE Trans. Systems Man Cybernetics: Part C, Appl. Rev., vol. 38, pp. 816-826, Nov. 2008.
- K. Momen, S. Krishnan, and T. Chau, Real-time classification of forearm electromyographic signals corresponding to user-selected intentional movements for multifunction prosthesis control, IEEE Trans. on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 15, pp. 535-542, Dec. 2007.
- S. Erküçük, S. Krishnan, and M. Zeytinoglu, A robust audio watermark representation based on linear chirps, IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 8, pp. 925-936, Oct. 2006.