Dr. Rasha Kashef received her Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2008. She is a professional engineer in Ontario. She worked as Assistant Professor at the school of computing at the AAST institute in 2009-2011. She also worked as a Research Associate at Microsoft Corp. In 2010 she succeeded with her Machine learning research, and she received the “Early Researcher Award.” Her research interests span the use of machine learning in big data analysis in different applications including healthcare, revenue management, and software engineering. She worked as a post-doctoral fellow at the department of applied mathematics at the University of Waterloo from 2011 until 2013. She also joined the department of management science at the University of Waterloo from 2013-2016. she had been hired as an assistant professor at the IVEY business School in Management science group with a focus on Data Analytics from 2016-2019.
Data Science, Machine Learning, Big Data, IoT, Smart Systems, Operation Research, Management Science, Healthcare, Autonomous Systems, Distributed Computing
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Meritorious Candidate, NSERC Industrial Research and Development Fellowship (IRDF), 2012-2014 (Declined).
- The University of Waterloo Doctoral Thesis Completion Award, Spring 2008.
- Female Doctoral Scholarship, University of Waterloo, Winter 2008.
- The Excellence in Teaching Assistantship Award, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, Winter 2008.
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship, University of Waterloo, Faculty of Engineering (4 times).
- Faculty of Engineering Graduate Scholarship, University of Waterloo, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (4 times).
- The Best Student Award, Alexandria University, Faculty of Engineering, 2000.
- Kashef, R.F, Warraich, M., “Homogenous Vs. Heterogeneous Distributed Data Clustering”, Book Title: Studies on Big Data, published by Springer, September 2019.
- Kashef, R.F, Gencarelli, M. “Classification of Outlier’s Detection Methods Based on Quantitative or Semantic Learning”, Book Title” Combating Security Challenges in the Age of Big Data: Powered by State of the Art AI Techniques, published by Springer, October 2019.
- Kashef, R.F, “Ensemble-Based Anomaly Detection Using Cooperative Learning”, Journal of Machine Learning, Proceedings of Machine Learning Research, PMLR, Volume 71, pp 43-55, December 2017.
- Kashef, R.F, Kamel, M.S., “Cooperative Clustering “, Journal of Pattern Recognition, PR (43), No. 6, pp: 2315–2329, 2010.
- Kashef, R.F, Kamel, M.S., “Enhanced Bisecting K-means Clustering Using Intermediate Cooperation”, Journal of Pattern Recognition, PR (42), No. 11, pp:2557-2569, 2009.