Professor • Program Director, Computer Networks Master of Engineering
Muhammad Jaseemuddin received B.E. from N.E.D. University of Engg. & Tech., Karachi, Pakistan, in 1989, M. S. from The University of Texas at Arlington in 1991, and Ph.D. from The University of Toronto in 1997. He worked as a post-doctoral research fellow in the Network Architecture Lab at The University of Toronto on Network Management using Virtual Network. He worked in Advanced IP group and Wireless Technology Lab (WTL) at Nortel Networks from 1998 to 2001. He worked on Wireless Service Delivery Platform and UMTS VHE prototype for mobile service delivery. He contributed to the development and implementation of Open IP suite of IP protocols. In WTL, he worked on QoS, Routing and Handover issues in mobile wireless IP access network. He has been Associate Professor at Toronto Metropolitan University since 2002.
- IP networking
- mobile wireless access network
- IP routing
- content distribution internetworking
- O. Bazan and M. Jaseemuddin, "A survey on MAC Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks with Beamforming Antennas", IEEE Communication Surveys & Tutorials, 2012.
- O. Bazan and M. Jaseemuddin, "Routing and Admission Control for Wireless Mesh Networks with Directional Antennas", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2012.
- O. Bazan and M. Jaseemuddin, "On the Design of Opportunistic MAC Protocols for Multihop Wireless Networks with Beamforming Antennas", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 305-319, 2011.
- S. Abdulhadi, M. Jaseemuddin, and A. Anpalagan, "Edge Node based Greedy Routing Algorithm (ENBGCR) for Cooperative Wireless Ad hoc Networks", Proceedings of Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS 2011), Thailand, December 2011.
- O. Bazan and M. Jaseemuddin, "Performance Analysis of Directional CSMA/CA in The Presence of Deafness", IET Communications,Vol. 4, Issue. 18, pp. 2252-2261, December 2010.