Vadim L. Geurkov received his M.A.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Georgian Polytechnic University, Tbilisi, Georgia (1981), and his Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from the Institute of Control Science Moscow, Russia (1993). From 1981 to 1983 and from 1987 to 1998 he worked as a Design Engineer and a Senior Hardware and Firmware Developer at the Institute of Automation, Elva Inc., Tbilisi, Georgia. From 1998 to 2000, he was a Professor at Centennial College and Seneca College, Toronto, Canada. Since August 2000, he has been with Toronto Metropolitan University, Toronto, Canada, where he holds a position of an Associate Professor.
- built-in self-test and built-in self-repair in reconfigurable computing systems
- digital and mixed-signal systems testing and testable design
- self-diagnosis in microprocessor based measurement instruments
- fault tolerance in digital and mixed-signal systems
- error-control codes
- V. Geurkov and L. Kirischian, "On the Signature Analysis of Analog-to-Digital Converters". I-Managers Journal on Software Engineering, 2010, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 44-49.
- V. Geurkov, V. Kirischian, and L. Kirischian "Runtime Monitoring of Analog-to-Digital Converters Using Compaction Circuits". Proceedings of the 40th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Chicago, USA, 2010, pp. 35-36.
- V. Geurkov, L. Kirischian, and V. Kirischian "Signature Testing of Analog-to-Digital Converters". Proceedings of the 19th IMEKO World Congress: Fundamental and Applied Metrology, Lisbon, Portugal, 2009, pp. 706-709.
- V. Geurkov, "Testing Digital Systems by Error-Locating Codes". Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded Systems and Applications, the 2008 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing, Las Vegas, USA, 2008, pp. 233-238.
- V. Geurkov, "Built-In Self-Test for Direct-Conversion Digital LCR-Meters". Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Mixed-Signals, Sensors, and Systems Test Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, 2008, pp. 1-4.