DEPARTMENT CHAIR • PROFESSOR
- B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc., Ph.D., (University of Toronto)
- January 2006 - present Adjunct Professor, The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto
- June 2001 - August 2003 Senior Digital Signal Processing Engineer, SOMA Networks Inc.
- Dec 2000 - June 2001 Vision/CompressCompression Research Scientist, Finline Technologies
- Jan 2000 - Dec 2000 Software Engineer and DSP Specialist, A.F. Associates Inc.
Multimedia, Image and Video Processing, 3D cinema and stereography.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2008 IEEE Toronto Section Service Appreciation Award
- 2008 Ryerson Electrical & Computer Engineering Graduate Students' Association Professor of the Year Award
- 2008 Ryerson IEEE Professor of the Year Award
- 2006 Ryerson IEEE Professor of the Year Award
- 2006 Ryerson Teaching Excellence Award
- 2004/2005 FEAS Teaching Excellence Award
- R. Rzeszutek, T. El-Maraghi, D. Androutsos, S. Zhou, "An Advantageous Rotoscoping Method," Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE, vol.27, no.2, pp.34-39, March 2010.
- R. Rzeszutek, D. Androutsos, M. Kyan, "Self-Organizing Maps for Topic Trend Discovery", IEEE Signal Procesing Letters, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 607-610. June 2010.
- R. Phan, D. Androutsos, "Content-Based Retrieval of Logos and Trademarks in Unconstrained Color Image Databases using Color Edge Gradient Co-occurrence Histograms", Elsevier Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol. 114, No. 1, pp. 66-84, January 2010.
- Y. Mei, D. Androutsos, "Robust Affine Invariant Region-based Shape Descriptors: the ICA Zernike Moment Shape Descriptor and the Whitening Zernike Moment Shape Descriptor", IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 10, October 2009.