Open House 2006
PHOTO GALLERY & PROJECT WEBPAGES
Photo credits: L. Fernandes; D. Magda (cake).
At the conclusion of the Open House, there was chocolate cake generously provided by Nadeem Salyani.
The 2006 Open House, held on April 28, had 173 students demonstrate 87 engineering design projects over 9 labs on the third floor of the George Vari Centre for Computing and Engineering.
Eight projects demonstrated during Open House were be chosen by a faculty committe, to be entered in the annual ICUE competition to be held May 13-14 in Waterloo. The projects in alphabetical order, by title, are:
- Car Security System (Alan Kahn and Shane Harris)
- Digital Multimeter with USB Access (Gennady Kalyta)
- Energy Efficiency Assessment Using Zigbee Sensor Platform (Jamin Islam and Dennis Marcantonio)
- Handy Mouse for the Physically Challenged (Bassma Ghali and Mahsa Kowsari)
- Improved Car Security System (Yafet Berhe and Mohammad Shafiei Monfared)
- Intelligent Hearing Aids (Amir Faizi and Taymaz Jahaniaval)
- Smart Electric Metering System (Umair Dossani and Syed Rizvi)
- Virtual Reality Controller (Mike Tat and Tarek Turk)
The conference costs for the students will be sponsored by either IEEE Toronto Section or by the Department.